Based on an agreement with the University of Klagenfurt the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research – OeAD has published the call for applications, will accompany the selection process, award the scholarships and offer its services to the selected scholarship holders before and during their stay in Austria.
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree relevant for one the Master’s degree programmes listed below in one of the following countries/regions: Albania; Algeria; Belarus; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Democratic Republic of Congo; Egypt; Estonia; Greece; Israel; Jordan; Kosovo; Latvia; Lebanon; Libya; Lithuania; Montenegro; Morocco; North Macedonia; Palestinian territories; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Russian Federation; Serbia; Slovenia; Syria; Tunisia; Turkey; Ukraine; United States of America; Uzbekistan
- can prove very good English language skills (B2 or C1, depending on the desired study programme – Common European Framework of Reference for Languages – CEFR),
- are not resident in Austria at the time of application, and
- want to pursue one of the following Master’s degree programmes at the University of Klagenfurt: Master in Mathematics, Master in Game Studies and Engineering, Master in Informatics, Master in Information Management, Master in Information and Communications Engineering (ICE):
Area of study:
- Computer Science and Business Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering and Information Engineering
Monthly scholarship for the duration of max. 12 months: EUR 650*
One-time lump sum for travel costs between EUR 25 and EUR 600
Scholarship holders will be exempted from paying tuition fees for the Master’s degree programme at the University of Klagenfurt. Scholarship holders will be provided assistance when booking accommodation and applying for student health insurance in Austria.
Application deadline: 01.03.2020. for scholarship holders starting their studies in the winter semester 2020/21 (October 2020)
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application:
- Completed application form for admission to one of the Master´s degree programmes listed above
- For applicants from non-EU countries/regions:
Proof of admission to their selected programme of study at a state or state-recognised university in their home country/regions – “eligibility letter” (does not apply to Master’s degree in Game Studies and Engineering)
- Bachelor Certificate* and Transcript of Records of Bachelor’s degree programme
- Complete Bachelor Thesis (copy of original)
- Abstract of Bachelor Thesis in German or English
- Proof of English skills**: Level B2 or C1, depending on the desired study programme (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, CEFR) – C1 level is required for Master’s degree in Game Studies and Engineering
- Scan of passport (data page with name and photo)
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers from the university at which the Bachelor’s degree is being pursued/was earned (stamped by faculty/department).
Further information is available here.