Deadline: 17 August 2019Open to: every young professional photographers from the wider Balkan region
Venue: 21 September 2019 – 8 July 2020, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The VII Academy is pleased to announce the first class of the Sarajevo seminar for Narrative and Documentary Practice 2019 / 2020 dedicated to young professional photographers from the wider Balkan region.
The Sarajevo Seminar for Narrative and Documentary Practice is structured as a combination of three weeklong sessions spread through a nine-month period at the VII Academy’s modern teaching facility in Sarajevo. It will be led by Ziyah Gafic, Dr Paul Lowe and an additional nine lecturers from around the world. In between sessions, Paul and Ziyah will host 100 hours of online teaching in our virtual classroom, where participants will be tutored by the course leaders and guest lecturers, and taught various photographic techniques and research skills as well as the history of photojournalism and documentary practice.
Session 1: September 21–28, 2019
Session 2: January 5–12, 2020
Session 3: April 4–10, 2020
- The application requires a portfolio of no more than 30 images as well as biographical information;
- The VII Academy will offer a scholarship to fifteen participants from the following countries: Turkey, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia – Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Albania
- Attendance is free of cost to scholarship recipients;
- This seminar will offer young professionals an opportunity to attend a structured long-term course in visual documentary practice, visual journalism and related business practices;
- It will enable professional photographers the opportunity to study near their homes and give them the tools necessary to compete in the international market.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information and to apply please visit this website.